Sandia remains operational for mission essential functions to meet its national security missions during the COVID-19 pandemic. Sandia and its related subcontractors have a special responsibility to maintain staffing and working schedules to perform essential activities.
To ensure Sandia can continue to meet its national security mission by minimizing the spread of COVID-19 across the organization, Sandia has implemented COVID-19 Safe and Secure Work Practices that must be reviewed by each subcontractor employee prior to accessing a Sandia facility. As a reminder, Sandia’s subcontractors and their employees are not to enter any Sandia facilities if they are ill or exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms.
Required Face Coverings
Masks must be worn in all public and work areas within a building (e.g., garages, hallways, snack bars, cafeterias, elevators, and restrooms). Face coverings must be worn in all face-to-face meetings and are required at security checkpoints. Security Officers may direct individuals to lower or temporarily remove their face covering to verify identity. Face coverings are also required inside government owned vehicles when other personnel are in the vehicle.
- Face coverings may be removed when alone in one’s own office with a door that closes.
- When eating/drinking, face coverings may be removed as long as you are at least six feet from another individual.
- Individuals who are conducting work utilizing controls and/or personal protective equipment identified in a job hazards analysis or similar evaluation should implement the controls identified as part of that analysis; however, the COVID risk needs to be factored into decisions as to appropriate respiratory protection.
- Individuals who have a medical or religious reason why they cannot wear face coverings may request an accommodation, as appropriate.
Individuals must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth and is in accordance with current CDC and OSHA guidance. The CDC recommends the following: non-medical disposable masks, masks that fit properly (snugly around the nose and chin with no large gaps around the sides of the face), masks made with breathable fabric (such as cotton), masks made with tightly woven fabric (i.e., fabrics that do not let light pass through when held up to a light source), masks with two or three layers, and masks with inner filter pockets. Novelty/non-protective masks, masks with ventilation valves, or face shields are not considered an acceptable substitute for masks.
If you have a health concern regarding face-covering usage, contact Sandia's Medical Clinic at (505) 284-4700.
Daily Health Screening
To help prevent those who may be at risk of spreading the virus from coming on-site, Sandia conducts daily health screenings of individuals prior to entering any Sandia facility. There are two options for subcontractor employees to complete a daily health screening, the mobile/desktop app or an in-person screening:
Subcontractor employees with an Sandia username or SNL ID can use Sandia's Health Check app to complete the daily screening requirement before coming on-site. Visitors and candidates can also use the Health Check app. The app is available on Sandia-owned and personally-owned phones and computers and can be accessed by visiting hr.sandia.gov then clicking the "Sandia Health Check" quick link or by navigating to the following URL: https://sandiahr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10158
Subcontractor employees who cannot access the app can report to one of the in-person screening locations prior to accessing any Sandia facility each day, listed below.
If the health screening app or in-person check locations are inaccessible, in certain circumstances, subcontractor employees can fulfill the daily health screening requirement via an alternate process with approval by Sandia (the subcontract Sandia Delegated Representative, Subcontracting Professional, and Sandia Medical).
- IPOC lobby (hours: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Entrance of Bldg. 831 (hours: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Contactless Temperature Screening Kiosks:
- Tech Area III: Bldg. 6577 (accessible during building hours)
Virgin Pulse Kiosks:
- Bldg. 825, Steve Schiff Auditorium (hours: 24/7)
- Bldg. 861, Thunderbird Café (hours: 4:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- Bldg. 800 Lobby (hours: 4:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- Lobby of Medical Bldg. 925 (hours: 24/7)
- Gate 10 for service providers (delivery trucks, construction contractors) vehicular traffic only, no foot traffic permitted (hours: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Remote Sites & 24/7 Operations will have access to COVID-19 Screening Kits
Call Sandia Medical at (505) 284-4700 for an evaluation and possible referral for testing.
Positive Test Reporting Requirement
Subcontractors must notify Sandia Medical and their Subcontracting Professional if they have an employee who tests positive for COVID-19 and has visited any Sandia facility in the previous 14 days:
Call Sandia Medical at (505) 284-4700. The receptionist will route your notification to a provider who will take the report over the phone.
Notify the Sandia Subcontracting Professional for your subcontract.