E-Invoice is available for supplier purchase orders only. E-Invoice is completely paperless and reduces the procurement cycle time by eliminating physical mail. Participation is highly encouraged and provides the following supplier benefits:
- Faster, more reliable invoice submittal
- Faster payment, reduced cycle time
- Online payment status availability
- Security of invoice and payment detail
- Ability to get paid early with optional Dynamic Discount Payment Terms
E-Invoice facilitates Sandia’s mission to provide efficient stewardship of taxpayer resources. Sandia also encourages use of paperless processing by using Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payments.
Suppliers need to have an iSupplier portal username and password to submit invoices electronically. Usernames and passwords are typically established upon the supplier’s completion of their iSupplier portal registration. If the supplier does not have a user account established or needs password or login assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access. Multiple user accounts can be established for each supplier.
The five tabs below include step-by-step instructions for the various functions you can complete within the portal.
1. Go to iSupplier Portal
2. Enter your username and Password, then click Sign in.
3. Enter your verification code, then click Verify. If this is your first time logging in with multi-factor authentication (MFA), see our iSupplier MFA Help Guide.
4. After logging in, select the SNL iSupplier Portal icon to access the portal.
Note: Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is the standard login process for access to Sandia’s iSupplier Portal and is required to help keep your account secure. The below instructions are provided for individuals who are unable to adopt MFA with the current methods. Please note this is a temporary exemption that will be removed at a later time.
1. Go to the iSupplier Local Login
2. Enter your User Name and Password, then click Log In.
3. If you are unable to log in and need to reset your password, you can click on “Login Assistance” to request a password reset. Additionally, you can contact our supplier registration team at email@example.com.
4. After logging in, select the SNL iSupplier Portal icon to access the portal.
1. From the main E-Business Suite page, click the ‘Add to Favorites’ icon:
2. Click on ‘Manage Favorites’ at the bottom of the next screen:
3. In the ‘Responsibility’ dropdown field in the ‘Manage Favorites’ section, select “SNL iSupplier Portal for Suppliers” and click ‘Go’:
4. Check the box next to the ‘Home’ function prompt and click “Add to Favorites”:
5. Ensure the “Home (SNL iSupplier Portal for Suppliers)” responsibility is in your ‘Favorites’ section and click ‘Apply’ to get back to the main E-Business Suite page:
6. From the main E-Business Suite page, click the ‘Home’ icon to navigate to the main “Supplier Collaboration” webpage:
7. You should now be on the main “Supplier Collaboration” home page. To continue creating your E-Invoice, refer to the Create Invoice tab.
To avoid system errors, it is important that you do not use your Internet browser’s “Back” button to navigate between screens while in the iSupplier Portal. Also, during the process of creating your E-Invoice, do not use the “Back” button within the iSupplier program without first clicking the ‘Save’ button in “Step 3 of 4” or in “Step 4 of 4”, otherwise an error may be generated.
Some search functions utilize popup windows, so please ensure your browser has popups enabled.
1. To create an invoice, click on the ‘Finance’ tab from the Home screen:
2. Click ‘GO’ next to ‘Create Invoice’ (right side of screen):
1. Enter Purchase Order Number only. DO NOT input data in any other fields. After inputting the PO number, click ‘Go’.
2. PO lines appear in the table at the bottom of the screen. The max number of PO lines shown at a time is 10 lines. If your PO has >10 PO lines, click ‘Next 10’ to reveal additional PO lines to select.
3. Compare ‘Invoiced’ and ‘Ordered’ quantities to determine which PO line has available unbilled quantities to bill against. If the ‘Invoiced’ and ‘Ordered’ quantities are the same, the PO line is fully billed and you will not be able to apply a billed quantity to it in Step 2 of 4.
Select Line(s) for billing by checking box to the left of the PO Line(s), then click ‘Add to Invoice’. The PO Line(s) added will display at the bottom of the screen. If you are not sure which Line to bill, contact your buyer.
For this Step, see below for detailed instructions related to reference fields 1: through 9: . Proceed through the following fields in order. DO NOT input data in any other fields or you may get an error message.
1: Remit To
This value will pre-populate with the address associated with your PO. Please review and change the remit to site if needed.
To select a different remit to/address, delete the information in the Remit To field, input “%” then click on the magnifying glass. This will query a list of remit to sites and addresses associated with your supplier record.
From the list of remit to sites, click the ‘Quick Select’ icon to select the correct remittance address. If your address is not listed and needs to be added, visit the Supplier Registration page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
2: Remit To Bank Account
Note: This field pertains to suppliers with a U.S. bank account. If your bank is located outside of the U.S., your E-Invoice will be paid via bank Wire Transfer based on the banking information (e.g. SWIFT code, IBAN, bank account number, etc) provided on your invoice image you attach in section 9:
If the Remit To address selected in section 1: is setup for EFT payments in our system, you will need to populate the Remit To Bank Account field with your U.S. bank account number by searching for and selecting your bank account number that is on file.
To search for your bank account, click on the magnifying icon to display the Bank Account Number search screen.
When the search screen displays, click ‘Go’ to view the U.S. bank account associated with the Remit To address.
In the Results section, click the Quick Select icon to select the bank account.
If U.S. banking information is not found, then EFT banking information does not exist in our system for the Remit To address selected and you will receive a check payment. If you would like to add EFT banking information to a Remit To address, please complete the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payments form and add the completed form as an attachment to your supplier profile. For more information, visit the Supplier Registration page or contact email@example.com for assistance.
3: Invoice Number
Enter your invoice number and invoice date (usually created from your accounting system).
4: Invoice Type
This value will default to “Invoice”. For credit memo invoices, please select the “Credit Memo” option from the dropdown and enter negative quantity values on the PO lines in section 7:
5: Invoice Description
Optional field but recommended. This information will be reflected on your payment remittance advice.
6: Customer Tax Payer ID
This field will be auto-populated with data that displays “SYS11976”. **DO NOT change the data in this field.** The data pertains to Sandia National Laboratories.
Enter Quantity for each PO line.
If the amount in the “Available Quantity“ field represents a dollar value, then input the dollar value of the invoice in the “Quantity“ field.
If the amount in the “Available Quantity“ field represents a unit value (e.g 1 unit “Available Quantity“ at a “Unit Price“ of 50000), then input the unit value of the invoice in the “Quantity“ field and the dollar amount will automatically calculate in the “Amount” column.
You may need to enter a fractional unit value if you plan to incrementally bill a PO line that is setup as a unit value; or contact your Buyer and request the PO line setup be changed to “dollar value“ instead of “unit value“. If the field in the Available Quantity is blank and does not contain an amount, then it indicates the PO line is already fully billed.
8: Available Invoice Terms
Suppliers have the option to receive early payment by selecting available discounts that display in this section. Only discounts with early payment terms that are more favorable than the PO’s negotiated payment terms will be available for selection.
The supplier can select the radio button of each of the available terms to view the Estimated Discount and Estimated Payment to aide in determining which discount is preferred. The supplier also has the option to select ‘Use Current PO Terms’, which is the defaulted selection. If nothing is selected in this section, the defaulted PO terms will be used.
9: Required Documentation
Note: It is mandatory to upload a copy of the original detailed invoice, as well as additional supporting documentation for each cost element being invoiced as authorized in the PO. If invoice and/or supporting documentation are not attached, delay of payment could occur.
It is required that original invoice documents, as well as any supporting documents authorizing the billed invoice amount, be uploaded with your E-Invoice. Oracle will allow attachment of most major file types.
To upload a copy of the original invoice document, click the plus (+) icon in the “Original Invoice” section; the ‘Add Attachment’ window will pop-up.
To upload supporting documents pertaining to specific cost elements billable on the PO, if applicable (e.g. labor, equipment, etc.), select the box next to the cost element being billed; the plus (+) icon will display for that particular cost element.
Likewise, to upload supporting documents pertaining to “Sustainable Acquisition Report,” if applicable, and “Other” types of supporting documents, click the plus (+) icon in those sections.
In the ‘Add Attachment’ window, add a title and description, if needed. Then click ‘Browse’ to find
and select the file on your computer. Then click ‘Apply’ to return to the ‘Details’ screen.
To add more attachments, click the plus (+) icon. To view/edit attachments, click the paperclip icon.
After inputting required information on the Details screen, verify information is complete and correct. Make necessary corrections on this page before continuing. Click ‘Next’ to continue to ‘Step 3 of 4’.
No input is required on this screen. Click ‘Next’ to continue or ‘Save’ to save inputs for later submission. Note: Clicking ‘Save’ will automatically navigate you back to the Create Invoice search screen and a confirmation notice will display at the top of the screen confirming your invoice has been saved. To retrieve your saved invoice to complete the submission process, click the “Retrieve Saved Invoice” tab above.
1. Final Verification – This is your final opportunity to verify all information is correct. If information is correct click ‘Submit’.
2. If changes are required before submission, you must first save your inputs before clicking the ‘Back’ button otherwise you might get an error message. To save your inputs, click ‘Save’ and you will automatically be navigated back to the Create Invoice search screen and a confirmation notice will display at the top of the screen confirming your invoice has been saved. To retrieve your saved invoice to complete the submission process, click the "Retrieve Saved Invoice" tab above.
3. Once submitted you will receive a confirmation page. If you do not receive this page, your invoice has not been submitted.
4. Once submitted, the E-Invoice details, other than uploaded attachments, cannot be revised.
From the initial ‘Create Invoices’ screen, search for your E-Invoice # you recently created and click ‘Go’ to execute the search. Do not confuse this step with creating a new E-Invoice which requires you to click the ‘Go’ button on far-right side of the screen. Instead, you’ll be searching for your existing E-Invoice on the initial ‘Create Invoices’ webpage.
1. From your search results, click the ‘plus’ sign in the View Attachments column.
2. The Add Attachment window will display for you to upload your attachment. When done, click ‘Apply’ to save your changes and be directed back to the Invoice Actions Search page.
3. The ‘paperclip’ icon in the View Attachments column indicates your attachment was uploaded successfully.
1. Click the ‘paperclip’ icon to be directed to the Add Attachment window.
2. When done viewing or updating your attachment, click ‘Return to Invoice Actions’ link to navigate back to the Invoice Actions Search page.
1. To retrieve a saved E-Invoice that has not yet been submitted, click on the ‘Home’ tab and then click on the ‘Finance’ tab from the Home screen.
2. In the Search section, search for your invoice using any of the search option fields and select ‘Go’. NOTE: Searching by invoice number is case sensitive and must be in the same format as originally entered when you saved your invoice.
3. Locate your unfinished saved invoice and select ‘Update’ (or ‘Cancel’ if the unsubmitted invoice is no longer needed).
4. When you click ‘Update’, you will be navigated to the Details screen which will display the information you previously entered. From this screen you can make necessary revisions and proceed with submitting your invoice.
1. To view status of submitted invoices, click on the ‘Home’ tab and then click ‘Invoices’.
2. This will bring you to the View Invoices screen. In the Search section, search for your invoice using any of the search option fields and select ‘Go’. NOTE: Searching by invoice number is case sensitive and must be in the same format as originally entered when you submitted your invoice.
3. The invoice that you searched for will display. You can click on the Invoice link to receive additional information.