NOTE: Internet Explore and Firefox are preferred browsers. Users may encounter an error when using other browsers to view the above link.
BE ADVISED: All Prospective Suppliers MUST be Registered in iSupplier before responding to or subscribing to Business Opportunities.
- Twenty-four hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year, the supplier community can access this site to view competitive subcontracting opportunities posted by NTESS, LLC.
- The Sandia Business Opportunities Website (BOW) is intended to help suppliers identify potential subcontracting opportunities and to aid Sandia in identifying responsible sources of suppliers. Also see Sandia's Small Business Commitment below.
- Each subcontracting opportunity listed on the BOW includes the designated North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code, a Statement of Work, and Mandatory Requirements.
- Interested suppliers, who have the potential to receive a Request for Quotation (RFQ), must respond to the BOW posting with a description of their company's capabilities, as they relate specifically to the Statement of Work and Mandatory Requirements.
- Suppliers may subscribe to receive automated e-mail notifications of upcoming business opportunities by logging into their iSupplier account and selecting the NAICS codes of interest to them.
Responding to an Opportunity
If a Supplier would like to respond to a business opportunity via the Business Opportunities Website, and already has created an iSupplier account, see the below handouts that will walk Suppliers through the process of responding to each type of opportunity posting. There is also a document with instructions on how to ask the buyer for an opportunity a question.
Small Business Commitment
Sandia is committed to providing maximum, practicable opportunities for small businesses. All postings to our BOW solicit small and diverse small businesses to respond to the business opportunities listed. Responses received will enable Sandia to evaluate the interest, availability, and technical capability of responsible small businesses to determine the feasibility of making any opportunity listed a small business set-aside.
National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS) is committed to executing a 5-percent pricing preference per Prime Contract No. DE-NA0003525, Section J - Appendix E, Small Business Subcontracting Plan.
Requirements for Socioeconomic and Business Classification
Sandia is required to obtain socioeconomic and business classifications. Suppliers responding to a given opportunity, will be asked questions about their business size statuses. To be considered small, a supplier must provide a self-certification on its business size for the NAICS associated with that opportunity and meet the required Business Size Standard as established by the Small Business Administration prior to award. It is strongly encouraged that suppliers be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) or, if unable to register in SAM after receiving assistance from Sandia's Supplier Diversity Department, completing a new Supplier Data Sheet (SDS) for each new subcontract award. Sandia may accept a supplier's representation of its size and socioeconomic status as a small business, small disadvantaged business, veteran-owned small business, service-disabled veteran-owned business, or a women-owned small business in SAM if the supplier is registered in SAM or provides a new SDS for each new subcontract award and the supplier represents that the size and socioeconomic status representations made in SAM or on the SDS are current, accurate and complete as of the date of the offer for the subcontract.
Note: If a certificate error is visible when navigating to the SAM link, please ignore the certificate error and continue to the website.
The Business Opportunities Website promotes current subcontracting opportunities at Sandia for responsible suppliers to supply their products and services in support of Sandia's mission objectives. Subcontracting opportunities are listed in accordance with the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS).
Please note the following:
- Major revisions or cancellations may occur with subcontracting opportunities.
- Sandia reserves the right to change the competition type from Competitive to Set-Aside prior to the release of the Request for Quotation (RFQ).
- Sandia may post opportunities as "Small Business First" on RFQs under $250,000 directly from the BOW, allowing for expedited purchases and increased small business participation. Sandia's intention is to set the award aside when offers that meet the Statement of Work, all mandatory requirements, and all Sandia terms and conditions, and offers are made at fair market prices. If the preceding criteria are not met, then other offers may be considered.
- If capability information is requested on an opportunity, be advised that Sandia will not issue a supplier an RFQ unless clear and convincing information is submitted, indicating that the supplier's organization has the necessary relevant experience (including applicable experience and past performance i.e. GSA or other government contracts), can fulfill the requirements of the statement of work, and can meet each mandatory requirement. If a supplier does not adequately address each mandatory requirement, and Sandia does not have information indicating otherwise, the presumption will be that the supplier is not a viable competitor. In any case, the Sandia Buyer is the final arbiter on who receives an RFQ.
- Advertising or marketing information submission is prohibited on this site.
Top NAICS Codes
Sandia's subcontracting opportunites are assigned the NAICS code and corresponding size standard that best describes the principal purpose of the subcontract.
Below are the top Fiscal Year 2016 subcontracting awards by NAICS codes:
FY18:Top NAICS by Subcontract Dollars Awarded
NAICS NAICS Description 541519 Other Computer Related Services 541712 Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences (except Biotechnology) 236220 Commercial and Institutional Building Construction 541330 Engineering Services 334111 Electronic Computer Manufacturing 541715 Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences (except Nanotechnology Biotechnology) 332710 Machine Shops 334516 Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing 561210 Facilities Support Services 541511 Custom Computer Programming Services
FY18:Top NAICS by Quantity of Subcontract Awards (non-CPA)
NAICS Subsector NAICS Description 334 Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing 541 Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services 332 Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing 333 Machinery Manufacturing 561 Administrative and Support Services 811 Repair and Maintenance 325 Chemical Manufacturing 511 Publishing Industries (except Internet) 611 Educational Services 335 Electrical Equipment, Appliance and Component Manufacturing
*NAICS codes in Sectors 42, 44, and 45 are being phased out and are no longer used on new subcontract opportunities due to requirements from the Small Business Administration. Rather, the associated manufacturing code for goods and supplies is assigned prior to subcontract award
Major revisions or cancellations may occur with subcontracting opportunities and does not obligate Sandia to award a subcontract. Sandia reserves the right to change the competition type prior to release of the Request for Quote (RFQ).