The Department expends approximately 90% of its budget through a variety of contracts and financial assistance agreements making it one of the largest civilian departments in the federal government.
To learn more about DOE, NNSA, and how they do business:
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Energy homepage.
- How to do Business with DOE
- Small Businesses: 101 on Doing Business with the DOE
- DOE Acquisition
- The forecast of future prime contracting opportunities and subcontracting opportunities that are available via the Department's major site and facilities management contractors
- Financial Opportunities
- To accomplish the goals of the SunShot initiative, the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office supports funding opportunities on photovoltaics, concentrating solar power, systems integration, technology to market, and soft costs projects. Following an open, competitive solicitation process, these funding opportunities encourage collaborative partnerships among industry, universities, national laboratories, federal, state, and local governments and non-government agencies and advocacy groups. Solicitations may include financial or technical assistance.
- National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
- National Nuclear Security Administration homepage.
- NNSA Small Business Website
- Small business mission, vision, programs, and procedures.