NM businesses can accelerate the maturation of cutting-edge technologies from Sandia and LANL
The Technology Readiness Gross Receipts (TRGR) initiative provides New Mexico businesses the opportunity to work directly with scientists and engineers at Los Alamos or Sandia national laboratories to advance the maturation of patents, patent applications, and software related to an active license between the lab and business or developed under an active Cooperative Research and Development Agreement in which the business is a participant.
- Work may include prototyping, proof-of-concept, and technical validation among other approved activities.
- The assistance provided to the business must NOT be available in the private sector. All project work must be complete within 12 months from when the work begins.
- Participating companies cannot have an active NMSBA project within the same calendar year.
New Mexico businesses may receive up to $150,000 worth of assistance (cost of labor/materials for national lab staff) per year. These projects must demonstrate a strong likelihood for successful maturation to a product or service in the commercial market.
Eligible businesses will be registered to do business in New Mexico and possess the following:
- A bona-fide New Mexico place of business
- A NM tax identification (CRS) number
- A certificate of good standing from the NM Secretary of State’s office
- An active license or an active CRADA with
Sandia National Laboratories.
Project Selection Process
- New Mexico businesses must submit a
Statement of Intent
- The laboratories will complete an
- Eligible companies will complete a Full Written Proposal
and prepare a presentation
- Invited companies will present to the TRGR Review Panel
- Funding Decisions
TRGR Statement of Intent
TRGR Selection Process
- Submit a Statement of Intent
- Participate in an Eligibility Interview
- Complete a Full Written Proposal
- Present to the TRGR Review Panel
Statement of intent should be submitted to:
Sandia National Laboratories
email@example.com | 505-845-9671
Los Alamos National Laboratory
firstname.lastname@example.org | 505-665-5827