The Mathematics and Analytics Research Technical Internship for Advanced National Security (MARTIANS) engages students in many of Sandia’s national security focus areas, including global security, cyber security, energy and climate. MARTIANS interns unleash their enthusiasm for science and mathematics plus computer science to contribute to Sandia’s compelling missions, gain real-world experience in applied research, engage with other students with similar interests, and discover why New Mexico is the Land of Enchantment.
During the 10-week program, MARTIANS interns will partner with Sandia scientists and engineers to create and develop innovative solutions to challenging national security problems. MARTIANS interns are collocated in a collaborative environment and participate in a weekly math symposium series.
What You Gain:
MARTIANS interns can acquire and advance their skills in the following areas:
- Algorithm development for big data 3D computed tomography
- Rapid reconstruction using GPUs
- Object identification
- Natural language processing
- Multidimensional data modeling
- Statistical functional data analysis
- Use Sandia's Careers tool to create a username and password.
- Enter "MARTIANS" into the Keywords text field, and click Search.
- Browse the list of MARTIANS intern openings.
- Complete an online application for a specific intern opening.
Detailed instructions for using Sandia's Careers tool to apply for a position are also available.