Technical Internships to Advance National Security (TITANS) is an innovative Sandia program that allows you to choose a focused, stimulating internship experience in one of three technical tracks:
- Center for Analysis Systems and Applications (CASA) – Develop next-generation software systems to solve the most complex and challenging data analysis problems our nation faces.
- Center for Cyber Defenders (CCD) – Learn to combat cyberattacks, while gaining practical experience in understanding computer systems, network operations, and information protection.
- Monitoring Systems and Technology Intern Center (MSTIC) – Develop remote sensing and technologies for the next generation of national security systems, including space missions, treaty verification, nuclear nonproliferation, cooperative monitoring, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
While working in your chosen track, you will gain valuable exposure to technical and national security challenges in all three tracks. This cross-collaborating exposure will equip you with a diverse set of experiences and skills. Your TITANS internship will also prepare and guide you toward a rewarding career path shaped by your unique interests and talents.
The TITANS program offers many benefits, including the following:
- High-caliber technical mentorship
- Unique environment with cutting-edge research projects
- Development of valuable skills for students with varied backgrounds
- Collaboration with the top technical students in the country
- Hands-on projects with real-life applications that impact national security challenges
- Rotational opportunities across the CASA, CCD, and MSTIC tracks
- Use Sandia's Careers tool to create a username and password.
- Browse the list of CASA, CCD, and MSTIC intern openings by entering "CASA," "CCD," or "MSTIC" into the Keywords text field, and clicking Search.
- Complete an online application for a specific intern opening.
Detailed instructions for using Sandia's Careers tool to apply for a position are also available.