Sandia mechanical engineers design and develop advanced components and systems for national-defense programs, homeland security, and other applications.
Mechanical Engineering Openings
- Shock Physics Analyst (Mid-Career)
- Computer Aided Design Technologist (Experienced)
- R&D Systems Engineer (Experienced)
- Product Quality Assurance - (Entry/Mid-Career)
- R&D S&E, W80-4 Surveillance Technical Lead (Experienced)
- R&D Mechanical Engineer (Experienced)
- R&D Mechanical Engineer (Early Career)
- R&D Software Systems Test Engineer (Early/Mid-Career)
- Microelectronic/Semiconductor Test Technologist (Experienced)
- R&D Mechanical Engineer - Structural Dynamics (Experienced)
- Navigation, Controls and Signal Processing Engineers (Center 5300) (Ex...
- Navigation, Controls and Signal Processing Engineers (Center 5300) (Ea...
- Mechanical Engineer - Natural Gas Distribution Systems (Experienced)
- Science & Engineering Project Manager (Experienced)
- R&D S&E, Mechanical Engineer (Experienced)
- Z Machine Diagnostic Staff
- Navigation, Controls and Signal Processing Engineers (Experienced)
- R&D Modeling and Simulation Engineer (Experienced)
- Mechanical Designer/CAD Technologist (Mid-Career)
- No jobs currently listed for this location.
Mechanical engineers at Sandia work on design, analysis, manufacturing, and test activities in many areas, including nuclear weapons and power, renewable energy, intelligent machines, robotics, pulsed power, missile defense, remote sensing, advanced manufacturing, and micro- and nanosystems. Sandia mechanical engineers are an integral part of multidisciplinary teams that employ state-of-the-art technologies, such as sophisticated software tools for design, analysis, modeling, and simulation; micro- and nanotechnologies; and advanced materials, materials processing, and fabrication.
Our mechanical engineers support Sandia’s mission organizations with fabrication, assembly, testing, materials technology, and process development services. For example, Sandia mechanical engineers have provided flight hardware for various satellite programs, boosters and targets for the Missile Defense Agency, and aerodynamically controlled hypersonic glide bodies and their respective boosters for the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command. They also analyze and field-test penetration systems for various Department of Defense customers.
Key areas for mechanical engineers at Sandia
- Applied mechanics
- Modeling and simulation
- Conceptual and mechanical design definition
- Material selection and fabrication oversight
- Stress, dynamic, and thermal analysis
- System assembly and infrastructure analysis
- Product integration during field testing
- Heat transfer and fluid mechanics, including microfluidics
- Destructive/nondestructive testing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Sandia invites you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.