- A competitive rate of pay and, if your school and physical address are both more than 50 miles from the Sandia site, reimbursement of travel expenses.
- A mentor in a related technical or business discipline who will work closely with you to make sure your internship is a rewarding experience.
- Networking and research collaborations with top scientists/engineers and other student interns.
- Academic credit for some internships and co-ops, depending on the rules of the home academic institution.
- Opportunities to participate in workshops, seminars, brown-bag lunches, tours of Sandia, social activities, and symposia.
- Discount tickets for local attractions and public transportation.
- Medical benefits (excluding dental and vision) for eligible co-op and year-round undergraduate and graduate interns – as well as their dependents.
- Use of the employee assistance program and on-site health clinic, credit union, and fitness centers.
- Professional development opportunities through summer symposium posters and presentations, and in some cases, presentations at national conferences or publications in scientific journal articles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Sandia invites you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.