- Medical benefits (excluding dental and vision) for year-round and co-op interns, as well as your dependents not already covered by other medical plans.
- Eligibility from your date of hire to accrue 1 hour of paid leave (e.g. your own illness, caring for an ill family member) for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrued balance of 80 hours.
- Access to the vacation buy program for year-round interns.
- Ability to contribute to the 401k plan effective January 2023 for those 21 and older.
- Access to the onsite health clinic, fitness centers, therapy services, and use of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Sandia Extras benefits, which includes things like discounts for cell phone providers and pet insurance.
- Eligibility to join the Sandia Laboratories Federal Credit Union.
- Flexible schedule options as defined by the organization.
- A mentor in a related discipline who works closely with you.
- Networking and research collaborations with top scientists and engineers.
- Opportunities to participate in workshops, seminars, tours, social activities, and the Intern Symposium.
- Relocation-expense reimbursement for eligible students who meet requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Sandia invites you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.