Are you looking to perform innovative research in Quantum Information Science? Are you excited about research informed by real-world needs and problems of national importance? If so, envision the opportunities as Sandia’s next Gil Herrera Postdoctoral Fellow in Quantum Information Science.
We are now accepting applications for the 2023 Gil Herrera Fellowship in Quantum Information Science. This is one of Sandia’s most prestigious postdoctoral fellowships, where selected fellows will also be able to take part of the strong academic partnerships between Sandia and partner universities.
As a fellow, you will:
Applications will be accepted through March 31st, 2023
We encourage exceptional and highly motivated new Ph.D. scientists and engineers to apply. The selected Fellows will receive a two-year appointment with the option for a possible third year, which includes a competitive salary and beneﬁts, moving expenses, and a generous professional travel allowance.
- You have or will receive a Ph.D. in Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry, or a related science or engineering field
- A background that includes research experience as evidenced by a strong record of research publications and presentations
- A compelling research proposal for self-directed research to be conducted as a Gil Herrera QIS Fellow. The research proposal must have relevance to the broader field of quantum information science, touching on areas such as: Algorithms and applications; Benchmarking, characterizing, and optimizing quantum devices; Novel qubit calibration and control schemes; Quantum device and noise modeling; and Error mitigation techniques for many qubit quantum platforms
- Built into the proposal, willingness to mentor early graduate students or engage with other educational outreach activities
- Ability to acquire and maintain a DOE security clearance which requires US Citizenship
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org