The expiration date printed in the top right corner of your HSPD-12 federal credential refers to the expiration of the physical credential, which is a 5-year expiration cycle. Credential holders are required to have their credentials renewed prior to the credential expiring.
If your credential is scheduled to expire in less than 2 months and you have not received any of the email notifications below, send an email to:
Credential Renewal email notifications:
- ACTION REQUIRED: HSPD-12 Federal Credential (Badge) Expiring MM/DD/YYYY
Personnel Security will send an email notification to the customer either 4 or 2 months prior to the credential expiring.
- 4-month notifications are sent to those individuals who must complete a new enrollment to get a new 5-year badge.
- These individuals are not required to respond to this notification. Personnel Security will process the enrollment request, which will be followed up by a notification from HSPD-12Admin with information on scheduling a new enrollment appointment. After receiving this notification, the individual must schedule an enrollment appointment.
- 2-month notifications go to individuals who do not need a new enrollment but have the choice to do so.
- A response is required as Personnel Security will not take action to order a credential if a response from the customer is not received prior to expiration.
- 2-month notifications inform the customers of the following:
- Expiration date of their current credentials
- Deadline to pick up and activate their new credentials
- Information on updating the photo on their new credentials
- [EXTERNAL] USAccess – Credential Renewal Notification
This email is sent to the customer after a Personnel Security Representative requests a new 5-year credential with the same photo.
- [EXTERNAL] USAccess – Credential Renewal /Re-issue Notification
This email is sent to the customer after a Personnel Security Representative requests a new 5-year credential with a new photo. The customer is instructed to schedule an enrollment appointment in order to receive a new 5-year credential with a new photo. During the enrollment appointment the customer will verify their identity, and have their fingerprints and photo taken.
- [EXTERNAL] USAccess – Renewal Credential Ready for Pick Up
This email is sent to the customer after the new 5-year credential has been checked in at the Badge Office. The email informs the customer to pick up their new 5-year credential in a timely manner before it expires.