Sandia National Laboratories’ (Sandia) contractors and subcontractors who engage in exporting and importing need to have an export/import control program. It is the responsibility of each contractor to:
- Interpret and comply with U.S. Export and Import Control Laws and Regulations.
- Make accurate Export Control determinations for information, technologies, and commodities they generate.
- Obtain required export and import licenses, permit, or other authorizations.
- Protect the information, technologies or commodities within their organization to avoid export or import violations.
Sandia International Export and Trade Compliance Group (IETC) does not:
- Advise outside organizations how to interpret U.S. Export and Import Regulations or how to manage their organization’s export/import control program.
- Obtain export or import licenses, permits or other authorizations for other organizations.
- Export or import on behalf of our contractors.
- Authorize other organizations to export or import on behalf of Sandia.