When winter weather strikes, do you know where to go for information about Sandia work delays or closures?
Should overnight weather conditions make the Labs’ parking lots unsafe until they are cleared, Sandia’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) will distribute a workforce message about the delay, including a specific time to report to work, and other relevant details, including how to charge time for the delay.
Under snowy conditions, messages will be sent no later than 5 a.m. the day of the delay, and will include a stipulated start time depending on the severity of the storm.
Messages will be delivered in a variety of ways, beginning with Sandia email, allowing employees to monitor the information sources most convenient to them. These sources include:
- Sandia email
- Sandia Bulletin Board (dial 505-845-6789 and follow the menu choices; 925-294-3333 for California-specific events)
- Radio Sandia, 1640 AM
- Alert banners on Sandia’s external homepage, sandia.gov, and internal Sandia Techweb
- News coverage through local television and radio stations
- Sandia Facebook, facebook.com/SandiaLabs
- Sandia Twitter, twitter.com/SandiaLabs
During inclement weather, employees should follow arrangements made with their manager for weather delays, including any telecommuting work. Information regarding road conditions can be found at nmroads.com in New Mexico, or 511.org in California.