Jesse James Lutz
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Physical scientist interested in software development and high-throughput, high-performance computing for government-sponsored research in quantum chemistry and materials science.
While always curious about exploring new areas of science, my record of publications documents a deep and diverse expertise in atomistic simulations. I am currently interested in actinide chemistry, semiconductor defect physics, and quantum information science. I enjoy developing many-body quantum-mechanical methods for the description of excited-state electronic structure or nuclear spin-flip dynamics.
I am a proud husband, father, and pet owner.
Education & Experience
- 2015-2019 Assistant Research Professor
- Air Force Institute of Technology, Dayton, OH
- 2012-2014 Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Joint Quantum Center (JQC) Durham-Newcastle, UK
- 2006-2011 Ph.D., Physical Chemistry
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- 2001-2006 B.Sc., Chemistry (Math);
- Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI