Reports, Presentations, and Media
- Final LDRD SAND Report (4 MB): A comprehensive summary of this LDRD project (FY01-FY03).
- Sensors for Environmental Monitoring and Long-Term Environmental Stewardship (1 MB): A summary of regulatory drivers, needs, and Sandia capabilities for environmental monitoring.
- Sandia Technology Vol. 4 No.3 (3.3 MB) provides overview of Sandia’s LDRD project to develop an in-situ water sensor (article starts on page 6 of the PDF file).
- Fact Sheet (PDF file: 300KB) provides information on the problem, objectives, and collaborative opportunities for this project.
- Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical Journal Article (PDF file: 184 KB) discusses the use of partial least squares to analyze TCE using a chemiresistor array in the presence of changing temperatures and humidities. (Note: This material is copyrighted and is intended for personal research use only. Distribution or reproduction without the publisher’s written consent is prohibited)
- SENSORS Journal Article (PDF file: 994 KB) details technical aspects of the soil and groundwater sensor probe and its applications.
- Review of Chemical Sensors for Real-Time In-Situ Sensing (PDF file: 471kb) (SAND2001-0643 report)
- Conference Paper (PDF file: 272kb) (June 2001), in the proceedings of the International Containment & Remediation Technology Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Summary of NTS Field Test (2001) (PDF file 587 KB) Summary report of 55-gallon drum test at the Hazmat Spill Center at the Nevada Test Site to test the sensor during a TCE spill and air-venting remediation operation.
- SAND2005-0336: SAND report of FY04 field tests at Edwards Air Force Base, CA (PDF file 1.4 MB).
- SAND2002-4135: SAND report of FY02 field tests at Edwards Air Force Base, CA (PDF file 2 MB).
- SAND2003-0799: SAND report of FY02 field tests of the chemiresistor and surface-acoustic-wave sensors at the Nevada Test Site (PDF file 3.5 MB).
Presentations and Video
- Conference Presentation (416kb) (June 2001), for the International Containment & Remediation Technology Conference, Orlando, FL
- Video of E4 chemiresistor demonstration
- Albuquerque Tribune front-page article (10/10/2001) by Sue Vorenberg
- Sandia Lab News article (9/21/01) (PDF file: 295KB). See page 6 for article summarizing our research.
- Channel 4 Local News Coverage (9/27/2001) of real-time in-situ sensor for monitoring/protecting water supplies against chemical contamination (1 min 30 sec MPEG video) (15.7Mb)
- Channel 13 Local News Coverage (10/03/2001) of water protection and real-time soil and groundwater monitoring (2 min MPEG video) (18.8 Mb)
- Channel 41 (Univision) News Coverage in Spanish (10/16/2001) of Sandia’s real-time sensors for water protection (2 min 30 sec MPEG video) (17.4 MB). Click for an English translation of the video.
- Washington Post front page article (10/18/2001) by Eric Pianin and Ellen Nakashima has a brief mention of our “underground electronic sniffer”