- Whit Schonbein, Ryan E. Grant, Matthew G. F. Dosanjh, and Dorian Arnold. INCA: in-network compute assistance. In Proceedings of the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC ’19). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, Article 54, 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1145/3295500.3356153
- Timo Schneider, Torsten Hoefler, Ryan E. Grant, Brian W. Barrett, Ron Brightwell, Protocols for Fully Offloaded Collective Operations on Accelerated Network Adapters. In Proceedings, 42nd International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP), Lyon, France, October, 2013.
- Brian W. Barrett, Ron Brightwell, and Keith D. Underwood, A Low Impact Flow Control Implementation for Offload Communication Interfaces. In Proceedings, 19th European MPI Users Group Meeting, Vienna, Austria, September, 2012.
- Brian W. Barrett, Ron Brightwell, K. Scott Hemmert, Kyle B. Wheeler, and Keith D. Underwood. Using Triggered Operations to Offload Rendezvous Messages. In Proceedings, 18th European MPI Users Group Meeting, Santorini, Greece, September, 2011.
- Keith D. Underwood, Jerri Coffman, Roy Larsen, K. Scott Hemmert, Brian W. Barrett, Ron Brightwell, and Michael Levenhagen. Enabling Flexible Collective Communication Offload with Triggered Operations. In Proceedings, 19th Annual Symposium on High-Performance Interconnects (HotI), Santa Clara, CA, August, 2011.
- Brian W. Barrett, Ron Brightwell, K. Scott Hemmert, Kevin Pedretti, Kyle Wheeler, and Keith D. Underwood. Implementing OpenSHMEM and its Implications for Portals 4. In Proceedings, 19th Annual Symposium on High-Performance Interconnects (HotI), Santa Clara, CA, August, 2011.
- Scott Hemmert, Brian W. Barrett, and Keith Underwood. Using Triggered Operations to Offload Collective Communication Operations. In Proceedings, 17th European MPI Users Group Meeting, Stuttgart, Germany, September, 2010.
- Ron Brightwell, Trammell Hudson, Kevin T Pedretti, Keith D Underwood. SeaStar Interconnect : Balanced Bandwidth for Scalable Performance. In IEEE Micro, 26: 3. 41-57 May/June 2006.
- Ron Brightwell, William Camp, Benjamin Cole, Erik DeBenedictis, Robert Leland, James Tomkins, Arthur B Maccabe. Architectural specification for massively parallel computers : An experience and measurement-based approach. In Concurrency and Computation : Practice and Experience – Special Issue: The High Performance Architectural Challenge: Mass Market versus Proprietary Components, 17: 10. 1271-1316 August 2005.
- Ron Brightwell, Trammell Hudson, Kevin Pedretti, Rolf Riesen, Keith Underwood. Implementation and Performance of Portals 3.3 on the Cray XT3. In Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing, Boston, Massachusetts, 2005.
- Ron Brightwell, Arthur B Maccabe, Rolf Riesen. Design, Implementation, and Performance of MPI on Portals 3.0. In International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications, 17: 1. 7-19 February 2003.
- Ron Brightwell, Keith Underwood. Evaluation of an Eager Protocol Optimization for MPI. In Proceedings of EuroPVM/MPI, 327-334 Venice, Italy, 2003.
- Ron Brightwell, Arthur B Maccabe, Rolf Riesen. Design and Implementation of MPI on Portals 3.0. In Proceedings of the 2002 European PVM/MPI Users’ Group Conference, Linz, Austria, 2002.
- R Brightwell, W Lawry, A B Maccabe, R Riesen. Portals 3.0: Protocol Building Blocks for Low Overhead Communication. In Proceedings of the 2002 Workshop on Communication Architecture for Clusters, 2002.
- David Greenberg, Ron Brightwell, Lee Ann Fisk, Arthur B Maccabe, Rolf Riesen. A System Software Architecture for High End Computing. In Proceedings of the 1997 ACM/IEEE Supercomputing Conference, San Jose, California, 1997.