1. When are negotiations starting with the Metal Trades Council?
They begin Aug. 28.
2. When will the union and Sandia be negotiating?
Sandia’s Labor Relations team is prepared for negotiating daily, including nights and weekends, to reach an agreement before the current contract expires at 11:59 p.m. Friday, Sept. 29.
3. How is Sandia preparing for the negotiations?
Sandia’s Labor Relations team is looking forward to a productive conversation and will bargain in good faith to reach a new agreement with the Metal Trades Council that is fair to employees and supports Sandia’s national security mission.
4. How do I get updated information about the negotiations?
These FAQs will be updated as questions arise, and the Labor Negotiations website also will provide major updates during the bargaining process. Please check back here throughout the negotiations for the latest information.
5. I am hearing conflicting information from the union and the Sandia website. Who is right?
As a highly regulated federal contractor, Sandia is committed to providing factual information.