The ESS Program continually documents progress in the world of energy storage. That progress takes many forms and comes from many sources.
ESS Program Tools
- DOE/EPRI Electricity Storage Handbook in Collaboration with NRECA – The DOE/EPRI Electricity Storage Handbook in Collaboration with NRECA is a how-to guide for utility and rural cooperative engineers, planners, and decision makers to plan and implement energy storage projects.
- PUC Handbook – A perspective on issues pertaining to the deployment of utility procured electrical energy storage resources. The intended audience includes state electric utility regulatory authorities, their staffs and the planning personnel in the utilities they regulate.
- DOE Global Energy Storage Database – Free, up-to-date information on grid-connected energy storage projects and relevant state and federal policies. All information is vetted through a third-party verification process. All data can be exported to Excel or PDF.
- ES-Select Tool™ – The ES-Select™ Tool aims to improve the understanding of different electrical energy storage technologies and their feasibility for intended applications in a simple, visually comparative form. It treats the uncertainties in technical and financial parameters as statistical distributions.
- Protocols — A listing of DOE-published protocols for download.