Congratulations on your job offer! We look forward to welcoming you to a rewarding career at Sandia soon. To accept your offer, please follow the steps below.
1. Review your job offer letter.
You will receive an initial offer by email.
2. Discuss any questions, and establish a desired start date with your manager.
Refer to the 2019 New Hire Sign-In Schedule (PDF, 482 KB) for a list of possible start dates.
3. Review the employee handbook.
Download Sandia's Employee Handbook (PDF, 9.6 MB).
4. Complete, sign, and submit the following forms to the HR contact listed in your offer letter.
- Employment Acceptance form (PDF, 33 KB) — Complete both pages of this form.
- Employee Proprietary Information and Innovation Agreement form (PDF, 34 KB)
- Commitment to Pursue a DOE Security Clearance form (PDF, 342 KB)
- Affirmative Action Program form (PDF, 111 KB)
- Alternate Work Schedule Agreement* (PDF, 382 KB) — Please read, complete page 5, and leave the space for the Employee ID number blank. Currently, the 4/10 AWS is not an option for non-exempt (hourly) employees; however, it will be an additional schedule option once policies and processes are updated later this year. For questions, please contact HR or your manager.
*NOTE: Required for hourly paid employees only. If you are unsure if you are an hourly paid employee, please refer to your offer letter.
- Pre-employment Background Review (PEBR) form that was sent to you with your offer letter.
5. Schedule a drug screening analysis as soon as possible.
A pre-employment drug screen must be completed within 90 calendar days prior to your start date.*
*If a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance investigation is required, depending on your start date, it may require you complete two separate drug screens to meet both the immediate clearance required drug test and your pre-employment drug test (required within 90 days of your start date). If you believe it will take you two tests to complete the drug screen requirements, request two drug screen forms.
Refer to the Job Candidate Instructions for Drug Screening Analysis instructions (PDF, 330 KB) for drug screening information.
- Local California Candidates (if you live in the Livermore area)
To schedule your drug screening analysis onsite in Livermore, please contact Sandia Medical in Livermore at (925) 294-2700.
- All Non-Local Candidates
To request a drug screening packet and location, contact Sandia Medical at (505) 844-1892.
6. Take initial steps for a DOE security clearance investigation, if requested.
Sandia’s Personnel Security Clearance Office will ask you to complete the following steps below if notified by your new manager that you will need a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance. If you receive a request, please complete these steps as soon as possible to avoid any delays in your clearance investigation.
- Complete security clearance required drug screen as soon as your manager starts the clearance process. If you are unsure whether you will require a security clearance, verify with your manager prior to your drug screening (see Step 4 above for drug screening process).
- Follow the instructions you receive from Sandia’s Personnel Security Clearance Office on how to proceed with your clearance investigation process.
- You will receive an email from the USAccess Credentialing Center. The email will provide instructions for processing fingerprints and identity verification at a Credential Center nearest you; if the location is more than 30 miles from your residence, contact TRC to determine if you are eligible for travel reimbursement.
- Complete and submit the SF86 Questionnaire for National Security Positions via the Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Process (e-QIP) system. Refer to this guide (PDF, 97 KB) in preparation to complete the form.
7. Learn about relocation benefits.
If desired, contact TRC Global Mobility at (800) 783-5337 regarding relocation benefits. At your request, TRC will provide a pre-decision consultation to discuss any applicable relocation benefits. If you accept the job offer and you are eligible for travel reimbursement, TRC will contact you to begin setting up the relocation process within five days of Sandia’s receipt of your Employment Acceptance Form and other required forms.
New Employee Relocation Benefits Overview
Relocation benefits, available to new employees that meet certain requirements, are handled by TRC Global Mobility (1-800-783-5337). Expending funds on relocation prior to authorization may result in non-reimbursable costs. Note that eligibility and specific travel requirements may apply.
Benefits can include the following:
- Relocation allowance of $1,000 for miscellaneous relocation expenses
- House hunting trip reimbursement for up to 7 days and 6 nights for potential employees and their spouse (if applicable)
- Household goods move of 20,000 pounds or less; up to 30 days storage; second vehicle may be shipped
- Temporary living reimbursement for up to 30 days
- New Home Purchase Assistance of 3% up to $2,500
- Up to 40 hours of time off for activities specifically related to relocation with prior management approval
- Spouse Employment Assistance up to $1,500
- Final Move reimbursement
- Access to TRC's Neighborhood Scout Application that includes comprehensive information on neighborhoods; lifestyle, schools, safety, etc.