1. Obtain directions for Sandia/California.Get maps and directions to Sandia/California.
2. Review and complete these forms:
- W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (PDF, 111 KB)
- Review DE-35 - Notice to Employees (PDF, 44 KB)
- DE-4 CA Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (PDF, 430 KB)
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification form (PDF, 380 KB) - Complete page 1. Please enter your local CA address, even if it is temporary.
- Affirmative Action Program form (PDF, 111 KB)
3. Bring the following items, which are required on your first day:
- Completed forms (see forms listed above in previous step) Original documentation proving your employment eligibility (see a complete list of acceptable documentation on page 4 of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification form)
- Please be aware that if you are unable to provide original documentation providing evidence of employment eligibility within three days of sign-in, your employment with Sandia may be subject to termination.
- To obtain site access, documentation proving you are a U.S. citizen (see a list of acceptable documentation) (PDF, 33 KB).
- Documentation needed to obtain your badge:
- Your driver's license or state-issued ID card
Important: Sandia National Laboratories requires visitors to present government-issued identification for access to its facilities. State-issued driver’s licenses or ID cards from REAL ID non-compliant states will only be accepted to obtain a badge for access to Sandia if accompanied by an alternate form of ID such as a Social Security Card or a birth certificate.
4. Learn about our dress code.
Sandia National Laboratories expects all employees to dress in clothing that is appropriate for our work environment. If you are uncertain about what is appropriate, check with your manager, mentor, or the Student Intern Programs administrator.
Specific job assignments and work sites can be factors in determining appropriate attire. At some work sites, Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations govern what is appropriate. For example, in some environments, certain body piercings may be an issue, and closed-toe shoes may be required.