Once you have successfully satisfied your job offer contingencies, we will send you reporting instructions by email about two weeks before your start date. You can prepare for your first day at Sandia by following the steps below.
1. Obtain directions for Sandia/California.Get maps and directions to Sandia/California.
2. Review the Initial Security Briefing (SEC050) and ES&H Briefing to obtain your badge.
- Read the SNL/CA Initial Security Briefing form (SEC050) (PDF, 6.45 MB).
- Read the Visitor Environment, Safety, & Health Briefing form (MS Word, 166 KB).
3. Review and complete these forms:
- Employee Handbook (PDF, 8.3 MB)
- W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (PDF, 111 KB)
- Review DE-35 - Notice to Employees (PDF, 44 KB)
- DE-4 CA Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (PDF, 430 KB)
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification form (PDF, 380 KB) - Complete page 1. Please enter your local CA address, even if it is temporary.
4. Collect the following items, which are required on your first day:
- Completed forms (see forms listed above in previous step) Documentation proving your employment eligibility (see a complete list of acceptable documentation on page 4 of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification form)
- Please be aware that if you are unable to provide original documentation providing evidence of employment eligibility within three days of sign-in, your employment with Sandia may be subject to termination.
- To obtain site access, documentation proving you are a U.S. citizen (see a list of acceptable documentation) (PDF, 33 KB).
- Documentation needed to obtain your badge:
- U.S. citizens: Your driver's license or state-issued ID card
- Non-U.S. citizens: Your passport and current immigration status documents, including your visa, I-94 card, I-797 notice of approval, I-20, or other documents verifying that you are lawfully present in the United States. If you have questions, please contact Jessica Matto at (925) 294-3853 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: Sandia National Laboratories requires visitors to present government-issued identification for access to its facilities. State-issued driver’s licenses or ID cards from REAL ID non-compliant states will only be accepted to obtain a badge for access to Sandia if accompanied by an alternate form of ID such as a Social Security Card or a birth certificate.