I am a computer scientist at the Center for Computing Research at Sandia National Laboratories. I have been in Sandia since 2010.
Ph.D. CISE, University of Florida, 2009. Advisor: Prof. Tim Davis
My primary focus is on High Performance Computing. Within this broad field I focus on
- Linear solvers: Sparse factorizations and preconditioners such as communication-avoiding preconditioners, hybrid (direct + iterative) preconditioners and direct solvers
- Combinatorial algorithms for scientific computing problems: Graph/Hypergraph algorithms for partitioning, sparse matrix ordering and matching problems
- Graph algorithms for analytics: Graph traversals, finding connected components, graph analysis and partitioning of small-world graphs
- Linear Algebra Kernels: Sparse matrix-matrix multiplication, Batched dense linear algebra kernels
- Applications : Integrating the above methods in applications of importance
For more details, visit my research page.
- Report on Asynchronous One-Level and Two-Level Domain Decomposition Solvers, got posted on arXiv. (with Christian Glusa, Paritosh Ramanan, Erik Boman, and Edmond Chow).
- Paper on Fast Triangle Counting Using Cilk, got accepted to IEEE HPEC Graph Challenge. (with Abdurrahman Yasar, Michael Wolf, Jonathan Berry and Umit Catalyurek).
- Selected as the Graph Challenge 2018 Champions.
- Paper on Employing Multiple Levels of Parallelism for CFD at Large Scales on Next Generation High-Performance Computing Platforms, appeared on the proceedings of ICCFD10. (with Micah Howard, Travis Fisher, Mark Hoemmen, D. Dinzl, James Overfelt, Andrew Bradley, and Kyungjoo Kim).
- Paper on Multithreaded Sparse Matrix-Matrix Multiplication for Many-Core and GPU Architectures, got accepted to Parallel computing. (with Mehmet Deveci and Christian Trott).
- Report on Geometric Partitioning and Ordering Strategies for Task Mapping on Parallel Computers, got posted on arXiv. (with Mehmet Deveci, Karen Devine, Kevin Pedretti, Mark taylor, and Umit Catalyurek).
- Report on Sparse Matrix-Matrix Multiplication on Multilevel Memory Architectures : Algorithms and Experiments, got posted on arXiv. (with Mehmet Deveci, Si Hammond, and Michael Wolf).
- Paper on Experimental Design of Work Chunking for Graph Algorithms on High Bandwidth Memory Architectures, got accepted to IPDPS 2018. (with George Slota).
- Paper on Tacho: Memory-Scalable Task Parallel Sparse Cholesky Factorization, got accepted to AsHES workshop at IPDPS 2018. (with Kyungjoo Kim and Carter Edwards).
- Report on Multi-threaded Sparse Matrix-Matrix Multiplication for Many-Core and GPU Architectures, got posted on arXiv. (with Mehmet Deveci and Christian Trott).
- Paper on "A distributed-memory hierarchical solver for general sparse linear systems", got accepted to the Parallel Computing journal. (with Chao Chen, Hadi Pouransari, Erik Boman and Eric Darve).
- Older talks, announcements and past news are archived.
(505) 844-7181 (Phone)
Mailing address (USPS)
Sandia National Laboratories
P.O. Box 5800, MS 1320
Albuquerque, NM 87185-1320
Sandia National Laboratories
1515 Eubank SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123