Advocates work on behalf of small businesses to:
- Provide an overview of Sandia's key mission areas and the products and services purchased to meet Sandia's programmatic needs.
- Explain Sandia's expectations of suppliers.
- Guide the supplier through the procurement process.
- Navigate suppliers through Sandia’s Corporate, Procurement, and Opportunities websites.
- Inform suppliers about marketing to Sandia.
- Identify small business procurement opportunities.
- Respond to supplier questions and concerns about Sandia’s purchasing requirements.
- Participate in outreach and matchmaking events to identify highly qualified suppliers that have the capability and capacity to meet Sandia’s diverse purchasing needs.