SENTINL is an exciting Sandia internship program that offers a unique opportunity to work with Sandians and other interns to further the real-world mission of one of the nation’s leading Research and Development Laboratories. Within SENTINL, you have the opportunity to participate in one of two challenging program areas:
- iSAFE – Interns for Security, Arms control, and Force protection Engineering - Develop next-generation systems to lower risks to national security from catastrophic and potentially destabilizing events.
- ESI – Energy Surety Incubator - Work side-by-side with Sandia mentors to advance research and development in the safety, reliability, sustainability, and cost effectiveness of energy systems.
iSAFE and ESI provide valuable exposure and experience to real-world technical and theoretical challenges. Collaborating with your fellow interns and your Sandia mentor(s), you’ll apply your experience and classroom knowledge to gain practical experience. Your participation in the SENTINL program will prepare and guide you toward a rewarding career shaped by your unique interests and talents. As a member of the SENTINL program, you will participate in technical talks, laboratory tours, and have the opportunity to engage in out-of-hours activities. You’ll be provided a broad view of Sandia and the many exciting permanent employment opportunities that are available.
Participation in the SENTINL program provides opportunities to:
- Work in an open, collaborative environment
- Interact with other top technical students from across the nation.
- Gain exposure to cutting-edge research projects with real-world applications.
- Help solve technical problems with implications for future generations.
- Use Sandia's Careers tool to create a username and password.
- Browse the list of iSAFE and ESI intern openings by entering "iSAFE" or "ESI" into the Keywords text field, and clicking Search.
- Complete an online application for a specific intern opening.
Detailed instructions for using Sandia's Careers tool to apply for a position are also available.