Event Date: Saturday, November 23, 2019
Location: Van Buren Middle School, 700 Louisiana Blvd SE
Time: 8:30am to 3:30pm
The New Mexico Middle School Electric Car Challenge consists of a battery-powered model car race, design competition, as well as the option to compete in an oral presentation.
Building a battery-powered car requires skills in both math and science. The primary goal of the competition is to generate enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) skills at a crucial stage in the development of middle school students.
- Teams are provided everything needed to power a battery model car, including design materials to construct the car - chassis, wheels, gears, etc.
- Entrants will be limited to the first 50 teams that register by the deadline of September 9, 2019.
- Teams may be made up of a maximum of 6 students.
- Each school can register up to three teams.
- A free teacher workshop is available with registration.