Sandia’s Energy Surety Incubator (ESI) program offers highly motivated students the opportunity to pursue their passion for renewable energy by working side-by-side with top engineers at the world’s leading R&D laboratory in energy surety, a field that includes energy safety, security, reliability, sustainability, and cost-effectiveness.
During the 10-week program, ESI interns will have the opportunity to do tours and lectures and collaborate with technical mentors on energy surety projects in renewable energy, energy storage, power distribution, power electronics, intelligent controls, systems engineering, smart grids, and microgrids.
What You Gain
ESI interns will gain skills in the following areas:
- Photovoltaic energy
- Optimization for energy surety
- Energy storage and power electronics
- Complex systems theory
- Energy reliability security and sustainability
- Water/offshore wind
- Energy economics and modeling
- Battery storage
Energy related projects available for student interns include the following :
- Wind/Water, Solar, PV, Nuclear Energy, Energy storage, Efficiency, Materials, Devices, and energy technologies scientists/Engineers
|Discipline||Energy Systems and Technologies|
|Desired Skills||Science and Engineering|
Modeling and Simulation
Photovoltaic System Reliability
Building Solar Heating/Cooling
Biofouling Resistant Coatings
Chemical Weapon Non-Proliferation
Fuel Cell Electrocatalysis and Membranes
- Use Sandia’s Careers tool to create a username and password.
- Enter “ESI” into the Keywords text field, and click Search.
- Browse the list of ESI intern openings.
- Complete an online application for a specific intern opening
Contact Lisa Sena-Carian, (505) 845-0593
Detailed instructions for using Sandia’s Career tool to apply for a position are also available.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Sandia invites you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.