I am a computer scientist at the Center for Computing Research at Sandia National Laboratories. I have been in Sandia since 2010.
Ph.D. CISE, University of Florida, 2009. Advisor: Prof. Tim Davis
My primary focus is on High Performance Computing. Within this broad field I focus on
- Linear solvers: Sparse factorizations and preconditioners such as communication-avoiding preconditioners, hybrid (direct + iterative) preconditioners and direct solvers
- Combinatorial algorithms for scientific computing problems: Graph/Hypergraph algorithms for partitioning, sparse matrix ordering and matching problems
- Graph algorithms for analytics: Graph traversals, finding connected components, graph analysis and partitioning of small-world graphs
- Linear Algebra Kernels: Sparse matrix-matrix multiplication, Batched dense linear algebra kernels
- Applications : Integrating the above methods in applications of importance
For more details, visit my research page.
- Report on Sparse Matrix-Matrix Multiplication on Multilevel Memory Architectures : Algorithms and Experiments, got posted on arXiv. (with Mehmet Deveci, Si Hammond, and Michael Wolf).
- Paper on Experimental Design of Work Chunking for Graph Algorithms on High Bandwidth Memory Architectures, got accepted to IPDPS 2018. (with George Slota).
- Paper on Tacho: Memory-Scalable Task Parallel Sparse Cholesky Factorization, got accepted to AsHES workshop at IPDPS 2018. (with Kyungjoo Kim and Carter Edwards).
- Report on Multi-threaded Sparse Matrix-Matrix Multiplication for Many-Core and GPU Architectures, got posted on arXiv. (with Mehmet Deveci and Christian Trott).
- Paper on "A distributed-memory hierarchical solver for general sparse linear systems", got accepted to the Parallel Computing journal. (with Chao Chen, Hadi Pouransari, Erik Boman and Eric Darve).
- Paper on Fast Linear Algebra-Based Triangle Counting with KokkosKernels, got selected as the "Champion" in the IEEE/Amazon/DARPA Graph Challenge (with Michael Wolf, Mehmet Deveci, Jon Berry, and Si Hammond).
- Paper on Ensemble grouping strategies for embedded stochastic collocation methods applied to anisotropic diffusion problems got accepted to SIAM/ASA Journal on Uncertainty Quantification (with Marta D'Elia, Eric Phipps, Jonathan Hu, Carter Edwards).
- Paper on Designing Vector-Friendly Compact BLAS and LAPACK Kernels got accepted to Supercomputing 2017 (with Kyungjoo Kim, Tim Costa, Mehmet Deveci, Andrew Bradley, Simon Hammond, Murat Guney, Sarah Knepper, and Shane Story).
- Paper on Basker: Parallel Sparse LU Factorization utilizing Hierarchical Parallelism and Data Layouts, with Joshua Booth, Nathan Ellingwood and Heidi Thornquist got accepted in Parallel Computing.
- Embedded Ensemble Propagation for Improving Performance, Portability, and Scalability of Uncertainty Quantification on Emerging Computational Architectures, with Eric Phipps and others just appeared in SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing.
- Paper on Partitioning Trillion-edge graphs in minutes got accepted to IPDPS 2017 (with George Slota and Kamesh Madduri).
- Paper on Performance-Portable Sparse Matrix-Matrix Multiplication for Many-Core Architectures got accepted to Accelerators and Hybrid Exascale Systems workshop at IPDPS 2017 (with Mehmet Deveci and Christian Trott).
- Best paper award in the Seventh International Workshop on Accelerator and Hybrid Exascale Systems (AsHES) workshop at IPDPS 2017.
- Older talks, announcements and past news are archived.
(505) 844-7181 (Phone)
Mailing address (USPS)
Sandia National Laboratories
P.O. Box 5800, MS 1320
Albuquerque, NM 87185-1320
Sandia National Laboratories
1515 Eubank SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123