Patrick V. Brady is a Senior Scientist at Sandia National Laboratories and has authored or co-authored several dozen peer-reviewed journal articles, books, book chapters, and nine patents, in the fields of water treatment, contaminant chemistry, and climate change. He joined Sandia in 1993 while continuing to serve as adjunct Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, New Mexico (since 1998). Before joining Sandia he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Geological Sciences at SMU in Dallas, Texas.
Brady has authored, co-authored, edited, or co-edited books on:
He is on the Research Advisory Committee of the WateReuse Foundation, the editorial board of Chemical Geology, the Goldschmidt Award committee of the Geochemical Society, the Science Advisory Board of the Association for the Environmental Health of Soils, and leads Sandia's Truman Distinquished Scholar Selection Committee.
Bachelors - Geology, University of California -Berkeley (1984)
Ph.D. - Geochemistry, Northwestern (1990)
Thesis Topic: Chemical Controls over Silicate Weathering
Post-doc - ETH-EAWAG, Dübendorf, Switzerland
Football scholarship to the University of California at Berkeley (1979 - 1983); three-year letterman; two-year starter at offensive center.
1. "In Situ Removal of Contamination from Soil" U.S. Patent #5,676,819, April 12, 1996 by E.R. Lindgren and P.V. Brady
2. "Arsenic Removal in Conjunction with Lime Softening" U.S. Patent # 6802980 B1, Oct. 12, 2004 by N.R. Khandaker, P.V. Brady, D.M. Teter, J.L. Krumhansl
3. "In Situ Remediation Process Using Divalent Metal Cations" U.S. Patent # US 683695 B1, Dec. 14, 2004, by P.V. Brady, N.R. Khandaker, J.L. Krumhansl,
4. "Inorganic Ion Sorbents and Methods for Using the Same" U.S. Patent # US 7074336 B1, July 11, 2006, by D.M. Teter, P.V. Brady and J.L. Krumhansl
5. "Inorganic Ion Sorbents" U.S. Patent # US7122502 B1, Oct. 17, 2006, by D.M. Teter, P.V. Brady and J.L .Krumhansl
6. "Method of Removing Arsenic and Other Anionic Contaminants from Contaminated Water Using Enhanced Coagulation" U.S. Patent # US 7138063 B1, Nov. 21, 2006, by D.M. Teter, P.V. Brady, J.L. Krumhansl and
7. "Inorganic Ion Sorbent Method" U.S. Patent # US 7244359 B1 July, 17, 2007, by D.M. Teter, P.V. Brady and J.L. Krumhansl
8. "Cask Weeping Mitigation" U.S. Patent 7271301 B1, Sept. 18, 2007, by J.L. Krumhansl, P.V. Brady, D.M. Teter, P. McConnell
9. "In-tank Recirculating Arsenic Treatment System" U.S. Patent #7514004, April 7, 2009, by P. V. Brady, J. L. Krumhansl, B. P. Dwyer and J. D. Chwirka (Approved – January, 2009)
Publications and recent projects
Contact Patrick V. Brady
Sandia National Laboratories
Geoscience Research & Applications Group
P.O. Box 5800
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87185