The system will undergo maintenance Saturday, Oct. 4th, 2014 from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm and will not be accessible during the maintenance period.
Invoices are reviewed for compliance with contract terms and conditions before payment. If the accounts payable system does not reflect receipt or if other discrepancies exist, approval for payment is requested from the Sandia individual (requestor) who established the contract. The requestor may instruct Accounts Payable to pay, reject, or reduce the invoice.
It is imperative that materials/products are delivered to Sandia's Receiving Department. If this is not feasible, the Sandia recipient must notify Sandia's Receiving Department to ensure the accounts payable system reflects receipt.
Rejected or reduced invoices
Accounts Payable processors may reject or reduce invoices based on the review process described above.
Reasons for rejection could be:
- We are unable to match the line items being billed to the purchase order.
- The amount being billed is not the same as the amount on the purchase order.
- There is no money remaining on the contract to cover the invoice.
- The invoice does not have a unique number. Every invoice from a particular supplier needs to have a unique number.
- The invoice does not have a purchase order number on it.
- The name on the invoice does not match the name on the purchase order.
- The contract has expired.
Reasons for reduction could be:
- The invoice does not have sufficient backup documentation. Sandia National Laboratories requires that freight charges be accompanied by the freight carrier invoice.
- Tax was charged. Sandia National Laboratories is generally a tax-exempt entity.
- Travel expenses over the federal per diem rates have been charged.
- Quantity shipped and billed is greater than on the purchase order.
- Hourly rate listed is higher than that on the purchase order.
If your invoice is either rejected or reduced, you will receive a letter notifying you of the reason for rejection or reduction. If you have questions about this, contact our Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org