WMD Counterterrorism & Response
Saving lives through training and technology
Creating solutions to nuclear, radiological, biological, and chemical risks.
Homeland Defense & Force Protection
Providing solutions to confront changing threats to military bases.
Reducing the risk of terrorist threats and major national incidents.
International, Homeland, & Nuclear Security's mission includes:
- Advancing Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) nonproliferation
- Supporting the development and implementation of arms control treaties and objectives;
- Securing and safeguarding WMD materials and facilities;
- Enhancing security of nuclear weapons globally
- Countering, responding to, and recovering from WMD use by terrorists or others; and
- Reducing the risk to our nation from significant national incidents while maintaining and facilitating trade, travel, and personal freedoms.
Anticipating and reducing the highest-priority risks associated with weapons of mass destruction and catastrophic incidents.