The International Meshing Roundtable steering committee is hosting a meshing contest. They have chosen a DAC model that has to be meshed by the contest participants. The model is supplied in the following formats:
Specifics are as follows:
- Participants can mesh the entire model or some parts of it.
- At least one of the participants presenting a solution must be registered for and attending the 22nd IMR.
- Each contest entry must be either a ZIP, TAR, or GZ file which contains:
- The proposed solution (a mesh) has to be submitted in vtk, inp, exodus, gmsh, or OpenFOAM, formats. Other formats will only be accepted if prior permission is granted from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A ppt file with a single slide with several images and the names of the authors. This page will be displayed during the poster session.
- A page (word or PDF) describing the approach and indicating the tools and/or algorithms used by the participants.
- The maximum file size for the uploaded ZIP, TAR, or GZ file is 64.0 MB.
submit an entry into the Meshing Contest, go to www.openconf.org/IMR22, and click on the link "Make Submission", Enter all the data and make sure to specify "Meshing Contest" at the top. After completing this form, make sure to go back to www.openconf.org/IMR22 and upload your contest submission file (ZIP, TAR, or GZ).
- The deadline for submitting an entry is October 6, 2013.
- If participans want to be considered for the Meshing Meastro Award they must also presnet a contribution in the poster session.
- The awards will be announced at the banquet on October 15, 2013.
- The best solution will be judged by this year's Meshing Roundtable Steering Committee. The committee will select the best solution taking into account the novelty of the approach, the complexity of the discretization, the quality of the mesh, and the usability of the proposed solution.