October 10, 2013 - SEC100 & New Contact Information
SNL Sec100 Annual Refresher Briefing
The new 2013/2014 SEC100 Annual Security Refresher briefing is required as of 10/1/2013. The new version is available at the link below, which can be found at the FSO Toolcart.
SEC100, Annual Security Refresher [pdf]
The old versions received after 10/1/13 will be rejected.
NEW CONTACT INFORMATION FOR CLEARANCE INQUIRIES
As of October 1, 2013 Please use Security Connection 505-845-1321 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any type of clearance related questions. Majority of requests received are:
- Status requests
- What forms to submit? And Where?
- What step comes next and when will I be notified?
- How long before I get cleared?
- How do I fill out form/eQIP?
Please use email@example.com for all clearance submissions, specifically:
- submitting signature pages,
- clearance application requests,
- additional documents requested, etc.
June 3, 2013 - Changes to Security Briefings & Welcome Sylvia Chavez
Changes to SNL Security Briefings
Recently, Sandia’s processes for SEC050 and SEC150 changed. To help you, we’ve updated the Briefings page at the FSO Toolcart. We hope these changes will make things easier. Additionally, noted below are some changes not mentioned on the Briefings page.
SEC050, Initial Security Briefing
What to do now:
- Talk to new hires about the importance of security at SNL, and review with them the newly revised Initial Security Briefing form (SA 2730-BRF; rev. 05/2013).
- On the badge-request form:
- Check the “SEC-050 Initial Security Briefing” box.
- Enter a name in the Training Verified by field.
- Allow the new hire to keep the briefing form (SA 2730-BRF) for future reference.
FYI: The Initial Security Briefing video is no longer required.
SEC150, Comprehensive Security Briefing
What to do now:
SEC100, Annual Security Refresher
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if an offsite person cannot attend a live briefing. Justification is required to use the booklet version of the briefing.
- If approved, the booklet and a unique authorization code will be provided. That code is now required on the SEC150 completion record to receive credit. The individual may still be required to attend an in-class session (e.g., if they will be onsite at SNL/NM or SNL/CA for any reason).
FYI: You don’t have to wait until a clearance is granted to send a person to a live briefing. In fact, by completing the briefing early, the individual will be able to acquire a cleared badge as soon as their clearance is granted. Contact email@example.com to make arrangements.
No changes! Just ensure your staff complete the refresher early to avoid badge deactivation.
Welcome Sylvia Chavez
Sad news. Laurie Bergemann has accepted a wonderful opportunity elsewhere within the Labs and has left the Security Awareness Team.
Good news! Sylvia Chavez recently joined the team as Security Awareness Administrator. Sylvia has over eight years of experience within Sandia’s Security Program, and she will undoubtedly be an asset to you—she certainly is for us. And now, a few words from Sylvia herself…“It’s a pleasure to be a part of a team that is vital to both the internal and external customers of Sandia. I look forward to working with the FSOs to continue the level of service and reliability established by the great team already in place.”
October 29, 2012 - New Security Clearance Termination Form
Effective Nov. 1, 2012, DOE will no longer accept previous versions of the DOE F 5631.29, Security Termination Statement. Previous versions of the Security Termination Statement will continue to be accepted until Oct. 31, 2012. If you are plan on retiring or terminating your security clearance in the near future, please visit the FSO Toolcart for the most recent version of the Security Termination Statement. Failure to comply will result in SNL Personnel Security contacting you to complete the most recent version of the form. For questions, please contact Nick Atencio at 505-844-4391.
Starting April 4, 2011, SNL will no longer use the Entry Authorization List. All incoming visits (US Citizens) to SNL facilities on KAFB must be submitted using either the unclassified visit or classified visit process
Please refer to this website each time you need to generate a required form. This will ensure that you are using the most recent version of the form. Do not download the form and save on place it on your hard drive.