Clearance Termination - A request to terminate a DOE security clearance.
This process has nothing to do with termination of a contract, only termination of the security clearance that DOE granted you. Completion of DOE F 5631.29, U.S. DOE Security Termination Statement is ONLY to terminate your security clearance and will not have an effect on your contract status.
An individual’s responsibility to protect classified and sensitive information continues long after he or she has separated from SNL, or no longer requires the security clearance. The DOE requires that a three-step process be followed for termination briefings and deactivating a clearance:
View the SEC225 - Security Termination Briefing video, one of three ways:
- In advance via Sandia's Corporate Training (TEDS) website. Individual should print out the Certificate of Completion at the end, and bring it on their last day to the Personnel Security Clearance Office.
- In advance at your contracting company, individual must complete SF 4300-CRC, Completion Record for Contractor Administered Training Form and bring it in on their last day to the Personnel Security Office.
- Via the following link: SEC225, Security Termination Briefing Video
What does the Termination Briefing video cover?
- Information listed in the SF-312, Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement Form;
- Penalties for unauthorized disclosure of classified information as specified in the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 and Title 18, U.S. Code; and
- Penalties for unauthorized disclosure of Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information.
The signed DOE F 5631.29, U.S. DOE Security Termination Statement MUST be returned to one of the Personnel Security Offices listed below within 2 days from the date of termination.
If the individual is unable to sign the DOE F 5631.29, U.S. DOE Security Termination Statement, Sandia's Personnel Security Office will take action to follow-up and obtain the individual's signature.
Sandia / New Mexico Personnel Security Clearance Office
Fax: (505) 844-9739 or
Sandia/California Visitor Control Office
Fax: (925) 294-1330 or
Clearance paperwork becomes Official Use Only (OUO) information when completed. OUO information must be encrypted with Entrust when transmitted over a network (including e-mail). Fax completed clearance paperwork if you do not have Entrust.
|Complete DOE F 5631.29- U.S. DOE Security Termination Statement
This form must be submitted by the company the individual is LEAVING on the last day.
The individual terminating their DOE security clearance is required to sign this form.
The Facility Security Officer, Company Official, or Sandia Manager may sign as the “Person Conducting Interview.”
Return the following to Personnel Security on your last day:
If unable to return Badge in person. Please send via FedEx to:
Sandia National Laboratories
1515 Eubank Blvd. SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
- Confirmation of completion of SEC225, Security Termination Briefing video, and;
- Signed DOE F 5631.29, Security Termination Statement Form
When should the Security Termination Briefing be conducted?
- On the person's last day worked, or
- The last day it becomes known that the individual no longer requires access to classified information, classified matter, or special nuclear material.
- Immediately upon becoming aware that the person is taking a leave of absence of 90 working days or more.
SF-4001-CSC, Contractor Separation Checkout Sheet
This optional form should be used when an individual is terminating employment. It provides guidance on notifications, time charging, security requirements, training, disposition of property and material, and records information relative to files, documents, computer and telecommunications deactivation, and ES&H.